How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
When properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. This model year provides even more capabilities as well as a better fuel economy than the 2018 Ram 1500. Take the Ram 1500 for a test drive around Rosetown to experience the Best-in-Class V8 engine towing* capacity for yourself. When you’re ready, visit Knight Dodge today to learn more!
Ram 1500 Engine Option & Capacities
Choose from three engine options for the performance you’re looking for on Maple Creek roadways. Standard with each engine option is the Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. The engine options include:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 engine with eTorque – This engine choice produces 205 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque with a max towing capacity of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine – This engine exports up to 395 hp, 410 b-ft of torque, and can tow up to 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® engine with eTorque – With the highest max towing capacity of up to 12,750 pounds, this engine option also provides 395 hp and 410 b-ft of torque.
Advanced Towing Features
The Ram 1500 relies on more than just engine power for towing. You’ll find this light-duty pickup offers additional towing features to help you easily tow a camper, trailer, and more. Some of these features include:
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: On the 1500, you’ll find 14.9-inch brakes for more braking power no matter how large your load.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This combined with the eTorque hybrid system helps this model earn up to 17 mpg city/23 mpg highway.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: See clearer using the blind spot monitor which accounts for trailer height.
Take the 2019 Ram 1500 for a Test Drive at Knight Dodge
Learn more about the Ram 1500 interior features, technology, weight, and performance features when you make the trip to Knight Dodge. With our large inventory of new and used models, you’ll find the Ram 1500 that’s right for you and your budget. Ask us about our vehicles, compare the Ram 1500 Crew Cab vs. Quad Cab, and more when you visit our dealership. And no matter whether you want to buy or lease, we can help! Contact us today to get the process started or apply for financing online to get pre-approved.
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup
More About Ram 1500 Features
When properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds. This model year provides even more capabilities as well as a better fuel economy than the 2018 Ram 1500. Take the Ram 1500 for a test drive around Rosetown to experience the Best-in-Class V8 engine towing* capacity for yourself. When you’re ready, visit…
The All-New 2019 Ram 1500 can weigh up to 2,438 kg before having anything loaded into the truck bed or being fully equipped with a tow trailer package. The Ram 1500 design allows for optimum towing capabilities, payload capacity and more. Get all the details on the All-New Ram 1500 weights at Knight Dodge near Rosetown….