2017 RAM 1500 Safety Technology and Design
The 2017 RAM 1500 offers a number of advanced security technologies designed to provide maximum accident mitigation through a combination of active and passive safety features. Read on to learn more about how the RAM 1500 keeps you and your passengers safe when you’re on the move, and be sure to visit us at our Swift Current RAM dealership today to take it for a test drive.
The key to keeping vehicle occupants safe starts with a solid foundation. The new RAM 1500 features a high-strength steel frame with a hydroformed tubular front frame unit and eight ultra-durable crossmembers to deliver a frame steel strength of 50,000 psi. In addition to carrying heavy cargo loads, this frame provides significant durability and safety.
Occupant Protection Systems
To keep its passengers safe, the RAM 1500 combines some of the most advanced safety technologies today, including:
- Four-wheel disc antilock brakes
- Side curtain airbags
- Side-impact door beams for additional durability
- Electronic stability control
- Dynamic front crumple zones that can absorb impacts safely
The RAM 1500 also incorporates a number of new safety technologies that you wouldn’t expect to find onboard a pickup truck, including:
- An AllSecure Central Locking system that allows you to engage the RAM 1500’s theft deterrent system
- A ParkView rear backup camera that’s cleverly integrated into the tailgate handle to help you see what’s behind you when backing up to a trailer or out of a driveway
- A ParkSense front park assist system that’s designed to help you park with audible alerts based on forward object proximity
See the RAM 1500 In Action Today in Swift Current
The best way to test out the 2017 RAM 1500’s safety features is to see them for yourself at our Swift Current dealership. At Knight Dodge, we would be honored to have the opportunity to demonstrate this remarkable pickup truck’s safety technologies to you. We also offer financing to help you afford the right model for your automotive needs. Contact us today to learn more about the safety technology onboard the 2017 RAM 1500!